A few months back, I asked our newsletter subscribers for their favorite ideas when it comes to showing gratitude to their husband or wife.
What is one simple way you can show your husband or wife that you appreciate them today?
As I read through over 100 responses, I found myself jotting down some of the ideas on a post-it so I could try them myself.
Some were unique, some were delightfully simple, but I could see how any of them would be an awesome way to show appreciation to the one that you love.
It (finally) occurred to me that I should share them with our entire community so we all have a “go-to” source for simple, fun ideas we want to do a little something special for our spouse.
Which easy idea can you use today to show your spouse how much you love and appreciate them?
- Ask her about her day…and really listen
- Let her sleep in and take care of the kids (quietly!)
- Buy him flowers – he never gets flowers
- Plan a fun date that includes new things to try in our hometown & arrange for the sitter
- Give her a nice long massage
- Cook her favorite meal before she gets home
- Call or text to remind him how important he is to me and our kids
- Leave a note on the pillow…and promise a “surprise” for later 🙂
- Take an interest in his hobbies
- Make him a special lunch for work
- Surprise her by cleaning the house while she’s gone
- Look her in the eyes and tell her how much she means to me
- Tell her to take a nap, and don’t take no for answer
- Let him watch sports
- Give her a gift bag including some of her favorite things
- Leave a note on the bathroom mirror telling him how much I appreciate him and why
- Do something together that is important to him
- Do the dishes without being asked
- Let her have some “me” time
- Listen to him 100% when he talks instead of checking my phone or computer or “multitasking”
- Write a love note
- Play outside together at our local park
- Getting up early to make him his favorite breakfast
- Making a collage of photos of us – a real book & not digital
- Work together on a home improvement project that she’s been asking about
- Choose to stay at home together for a peaceful evening instead of going out
- Bring her coffee in bed
- Turn off all of the electronics and hang out without distractions
- Cuddle on the couch
- Watch the kids while she takes a long bath
- Fix his favorite dessert and include a thank-you note
- Complete a task on my “honey-do” list without being asked
- Take a nap…together
- Let him play video games all day
- Take a drive in the country together
- Have a glass of wine poured and waiting when she gets home
- Make sure we spend our 15 minutes a day together
- Watch her favorite movie – without complaining!
- Champagne and strawberries
- Date night…no kids
- Put freshly washed sheets on the bed
- Take a shower together 🙂
- Surprise him with his favorite cocktail
- Make a list of all that he does that I’m thankful for and read it to him
- Put post-it love notes around the house
- Seduce him as he wakes up
- Leave a surprise note in his sock drawer
- Random hugs throughout the day
- Buy flowers for no reason
- Speak only words of love and encouragement for an entire day
- Write her a poem
- Make hot chocolate and snuggle up together
- Let her have complete control of the remote for the night
What an awesome list! I hope you’ll pick your favorite three ideas and use them to put a big smile on your spouse’s face.
What simple act would you add to show appreciation to your spouse? Share it in the comments below!
Buy him flowers?! Really?! If my wife is reading, please don’t buy me flowers, candles, or anything like that for that matter.
But overall, lots of great ideas here.
Ha Ben, different strokes for different folks, right? 🙂
I’m not sure I’d personally care to get flowers from Bethany, but some chocolates would be just fine.
These were really good, but the most important partis your intentions for doing them and that the person on the receiving end is sure of your good intentions and is appreciative of your effect.
Give her or him a warm bath and apply lotion gently in a massage manner while she/he relaxes in bed
Go by your spouse’s work and leave an “I Love You” note in their car for them to find on their lunch break or when they get off of work. Always makes my husband smile!