All marriages get to a place of routine. It happens because life demands it.
But there is one word that will interrupt this routine and hopefully make your spouse smile.
What is this one word?
Think about it. When was the last time you were truly surprised by something your spouse did?
It most likely left a lasting imprint on your heart because it was unexpected making it even more special.
Even if the surprise was little – like your favorite treat – it still meant a lot.
To help you plan a sweet surprise of your own, we’ve come up with a list of Romantic Surprises to Make Your Spouse Smile. Try one or try them all.
The important thing is that you’re creating cherished memories your spouse will hold on to forever.
That makes it worth the effort!
- Please your spouse sexually in a way you know they’ll like, but won’t expect because you’ve never done it before.
- Arrange for a babysitter and plan a date night out without telling them until the babysitter shows up.
- Mail them an invitation to meet you somewhere later that day. When they get there have another envelope leading them on a hunt for you.
- Plan a day of all their favorites – food, drinks, activities, movies, friends, etc. Include as many in one day as you can.
- Give them a full body massage. Let them listen to romantic music with a headset to increase the relaxation.
- Mail them a steamy card at work, or send them one via text or e-mail. Add some lingerie to the card and really wow them.
- Play one of these games and don’t tell them the new rules until the game begins: Clue, Scrabble, Putt-Putt
- Set up a tent in your bedroom or on your bed and have fun “camping indoors” together.
- Drive to your spouse’s work and put his/her favorite cold drink and snack in their car with a card telling them to drive safely.
- Complete a big task on your spouse’s to-do list and don’t tell them you did until they discover it themselves.
- Listen to your spouse’s cravings and then do whatever you can to get it for them. For instance, You hear them say, “I want something sweet”. Get up and start baking them cookies without telling them what you’re doing.
- Celebrate an unknown holiday. Check out the list here. (Listed according to month). Today just happens to be “Best Friend’s Day”.
Can you think of more ways to make your spouse smile?
I’d love to hear them! I challenge us all to make the most of the summer by filling it with unexpected pleasures for our love.
Until next time…Keep the romantic fires burning!