In a recent post, I shared a way to reconnect with your spouse while staying home on date night. This time, you’re going to go outside of the house on a cooking class date.
I’m not talking about a restaurant, though.
How engaging is to go out to eat? You come in, you sit down, and you’re served.
Don’t get me wrong, I love dining with my wife. It’s nice to get away from it all and be treated from time to time.
But imagine having all that, PLUS an innovative and fun learning experience. There’s an added engagement from doing or making something together in addition to just talking that really stands out.
- RELATED POST: 15 Ways to Surprise Your Husband/Wife
Consider a Cooking Class Date
Part of a long-lasting relationship is growing together and trying new things. It means having new experiences, new adventures, and new challenges…together.
I’m going to suggest you try skipping the typical evening out at the same old restaurant and enjoy an intimate and educational session on a cooking class date instead.
After that, you’ll have a follow-up session at home later on to keep the good times going!
Find Cooking Classes
To prepare, one of you will search for local cooking classes. There are several ways to find out what classes are offered in your area, including:
- You can ask friends for referrals, which increases your odds of picking a good place.
- Google “date night cooking class near [your hometown]” and you’ll find plenty of options.
- Many classes are offered inside of higher-end grocery or retail stores like Whole Foods and Sur La Table, and the prices are comparable to dinner out at a decent restaurant.
- Local cooking schools sometimes offer classes to the general public.
- You probably get catalogs full of community classes in the mail from time to time, showing adult education classes offered to the public for a modest price.
- Next time you’re in a coffee shop, check out the corkboard as there are often flyers for local cooking classes posted there along with other community events.
- Checking Groupon.com is a great way to see who is offering classes at a discount. If you can save a few bucks in the process, why not!
- You can even hire expert cooks and chefs in your area using Thumbtack.com to give you a personalized cooking class date, as low as $40/person in some areas.
Picking the Right One for You
So many choices! No worries, you’re sure to find the ideal place for this memorable date night. The next step is choosing the right one.
Pro Tip: Make it as interactive as you can.
You’ll find options for classes where a chef does all of the cooking and you simply watch, enjoy a cocktail, and then eat when they’re finished.
However, for your cooking class date night, look for an interactive class instead where someone leads the way but the two of you actually get your hands dirty and prepare your own meal.
You’ll learn a lot about the foods you’re creating and have plenty of time (and reason) to laugh along the way as you learn new skills.
The type of food is also a consideration and a chance to show your thoughtfulness.
- What kind of foods does your spouse like?
- Is there something maybe they’ve always wanted to try?
- A favorite country’s cuisine?
- What about you?
Here’s your chance to kill two birds with one stone and learn something that will benefit both of your lives while also improving your relationship.
Whatever your options are, can you see yourself cooking it more often at home? Think how great it would be to add a new dish to your regular home meal lineup.
Once you’ve thought it through, pick a cooking class, register for it, and have fun when the night comes!
The Follow-up Session
Here’s a twist to make this extra special. Pick another date night to cook the same meal together again sometime within the next month, and compare it to the original.
The spouse who didn’t register for the cooking class will schedule a follow-up session at home and pick up the ingredients at the grocery store that day.
Don’t worry – the chef from your class will send you home with a detailed recipe for the dinner you prepared.
All you’ll have to do is follow along together…and bring back the laughs and good memories.
Later on, whenever you want to bring back memories of the fun time you had on your cooking class date, you can always cook the meal on an ordinary night. “Surprise! It’s our special dinner.”
This is just one of many fun but simple activities you can plan with your spouse to make date night special.
Doing so will add variety to your life, keep your relationship continually positive and healthy, and help you both to learn and grow as individuals.
Do You Want to Take This Date With You? Want More?
If you enjoyed this post, we want to make it easy to put it into action. You can click here and download a beautiful PDF summary of this date night!
And you’d like more of these creative dates and other romance-boosting goodies, you’ve got to check out our Date Night Magic bundle:
- 15 Unique Date Nights (beautiful date night plans that make it easy – regularly priced at $39.00 by itself)
- Creative Romance Workshop (regularly priced at $29.00 by itself)
- How to Bring Back the Romance Workshop (regularly priced at $29.00 by itself)
- 7 Simple Ways to Reconnect When Life Gets Crazy (regularly priced guide at $2.99 by itself)
- 5 Romantic Ideas for Each of the 5 Love Languages (regularly priced guide at $2.99 by itself)
- 74 Simple Things to Brighten Your Spouse’s Day (regularly priced guide at $2.99 by itself)
You can the link above to pick up Date Night Magic and get instant access to all of this – have fun!