Fall is in the air, and it’s my favorite season for many reasons: I love the color God puts on display, I love the cooler weather after a hot summer, and I love the longer evenings to enjoy candlelight dinners.
But the most important one is how it provides some of the best opportunities for romance in your marriage.
This is why I’m providing a list of “Ten Romantic Ways to Fall in Love With Your Love this Fall”.
Instantly Improve Your Date Nights! Download This Free Game-Changing Tip.
If you’ve already done some of these–try it again. Or pick something that you’ve never done and have fun!
1. Go Camping. If this is something you do often, it won’t take any special planning. But if you’ve never enjoyed a night under the stars together you’ll most likely have to invest some time and money making this one happen.
Sometimes the most romantic memories are created when you do something out of your normal routine.
Make your camp site as comfortable as possible and bring real plates and crystal for serving a special dinner around the campfire.
2. Go hiking. If you live in the mountains, this one will be easy. But if you live in an area where hiking isn’t as readily available, plan a weekend away.
Hiking provides time away from technology, which is something we all need from time to time. In order to really connect with your spouse, it requires a willingness to disconnect from the rest of the world.
3. Go biking. So many of the former railroad tracks have been converted to biking/walking trails. The project is called Rails To Trails and are located all across the country. Check out this convenient website to find a trail near you.
4. Plan a backyard bonfire. If you already have a fire pit, this one will be easy. But if you don’t, why not surprise your spouse by getting one and setting it up for a romantic evening under the stars.
Some of our best conversations have taken place in our own backyard watching the flickering flames of a bonfire.
5. Go horseback riding. Oftentimes we reserve these kinds of activities for vacation, but how fun to check out stables near your home and surprise your spouse with a day together in the saddle.
6. Have a pumpkin carving contest. Pick a design that celebrates your marriage in a special way. Here are some great examples of how to take your carving up a notch! 😉
7. Bonfire on the beach or at the lake. There’s something about watching the sunset over a body of water that soothes my soul. Add a bonfire as the stars start to appear and that’s over the top romantic!
In Florida we have fire rings at the beach you can reserve, free of charge. They’re only available from October through April due to Turtle nesting season.
If you’re planning to visit central Florida, put this at the top of your list!
8. Tour a local vineyard. Vineyards are some of the most romantic places to spend an afternoon together. Add the cooler temperatures of the Fall along with the warm changes in color, and you’re both sure to remember this one as special!
9. Take a train ride to another town and explore the downtown area for an afternoon. In Orlando we have a new Sun Rail that takes you to neighboring towns at minimal cost.
10. Kayaking or Canoeing Picnic. Take a trip down the river and locate a secluded spot for a romantic picnic for two.
What are some great romantic fall dates you and your spouse have experienced? Or are there any you’d suggest to add to the list? Make sure you leave your ideas in the comments below!