We made it! Today represents the official end to the Improve Yourself! 2010 challenge, but we still have a winner to select…
If you started with us back in the Announcement Post, you are eligible for the grand prize of a $100 Amazon gift card. Of course, I know who has been reporting in each week, and I have to say that they’ll have a definite advantage in making the finals.
Regardless, I’d love to hear from everyone to see how they did with their SMART goals. And this is your last chance to make an appearance and not be counted among those that quit!
Want A Happier Marriage?
Great! Grab our 7 simple steps to improve communication in your marriage (in less than 15 minutes):
What Do You Need to Do Now?
It’s simple. In the comments below, please give a brief summary of what you accomplished during this 8-week challenge, how it compares to your initial goals and what it has meant to you and your marriage.
That’s all there is to it. Just be sure to leave your comment before Tuesday, March 2nd at 11:59 p.m. central time.
How Is the Winner Selected?
I will choose the top three finalists based on their stories and my knowledge after following all of the weekly reports along the way. I’ll post on Thursday (March 4th) to announce the finalists and share each of their stories. That post will include a poll where the readers of Engaged Marriage will be able to vote for the winner.
And the lucky (and very deserving) final winner of Improve Yourself! 2010 will be announced the following week.
Our Sponsors Rule
I want to give one final shout-out to the awesome sponsors that we had for this challenge. Without their support, the great prizes would not have been possible, and the contest would certainly not have reached so many people. I look forward to working with these fine folks on many projects in the future!
Personal Finance Notebook is a great site created by Patrenia Spears after her family paid off an incredible $93,000 in debt! Her posts are intended to empower her readers to achieve their financial goals. Her tag line says it all: “A website that offers ideas, education and the motivation needed to create a personal finance portfolio to be proud of.”
Budgets are Sexy is simply awesome. J. Money provides a site that is packed with really useful info about the world of personal finance, and he does it in his own (pimpin’) way. Entertaining and informative.
MomStart is a fantastic resource created by a mother of two who provides an incredible amount of reviews, giveaways and writings related to all of the new things going on in the world of parenting.
Enemy of Debt is the place to be if you want to get out of debt or simply celebrate the goodness that your debt-freedom has brought to your life. Brad is a passionate and informative resource offering a unique perspective on the personal finance scene.
Make Mine Happen “Stop Dreaming and Start Doing” by putting the motivational and informational posts at this site to work in your life!
Don’t miss the other Improve Yourself posts…here is a running list:
- Improve Yourself! 2010 Announcement. This is the place to start and sign-up by leaving a comment with your area of focus.
- The Prize List. This is where you’ll get the details about the awesome prizes and learn about our generous sponsors.
- Week 1: Set SMART Goals. Learn about smart goal-setting and leave your specific goals for the challenge in the comments.
- Week 2: Baby Step Your Way to Success. Learn how you can achieve any goal by breaking it down into small, easier-to-handle tasks.
- Week 3: Prioritize Your Time for Progress. Learn the importance of focusing on important, but not urgent, tasks to improve your life and achieve long-term effectiveness.
- Week 4: YOU are Responsible for Your Progress. Quit making excuses, take ownership for your results and do the work necessary to make your goals a reality.
- Week 5: Don’t Be Perfect, Be Remarkable! You do not need to be perfect, you simply need to be remarkable in what you do. Don’t you think you can be remarkable in the way your handle your finances? In your approach to fitness? In your marriage?
- Week 6: Stick With It! I applaud you for sticking with your commitment to yourself and your fellow challenge participants. You are now in the minority as we close in on the finish line. Don’t Quit!
- Week 7: Communicate for Success Communication is a certain key to success in nearly all aspects of life.
- Week 8: Don’t Accept Mediocrity! Always get better even if it’s only in small increments. Life is just too short to do otherwise.