Engaged Marriage has around 150,000 monthly page views, over 10,000 subscribers, a reputation as a great resource and advocate for marriage and family, and is one of the largest marriage focused sites on the Internet.
Here’s My Idea & How You Can Benefit
When Engaged Marriage started way back in 2009, it was intended purely as a single-author blog that shared my personal experiences and insights on marriage and family.
Through over 300 posts, I’ve been able to share a lot and will continue to for as long as you’ll have me.
However, I think it’s time to expand the voice of the site and get some new writers “engaged” with this growing community. As I’ll outline below, new perspectives are very welcome yet we’ll continue to provide content that supports the ideals of Engaged Marriage and what we stand for.
Want A Happier Marriage?
Great! Grab our 7 simple steps to improve communication in your marriage (in less than 15 minutes):
I think the best way to accomplish this is to hire several monthly columnists.
I want these columns to be from other bloggers who can be exposed to the Engaged Marriage audience, and hopefully receive some new traffic and community-building back to their main site.
These columns need to be insanely useful – one of the goals of Engaged Marriage content. I love that people come here to read useful, applicable information, then work to apply it to their lives and relationships.
I need these new monthly columns to be the same.
With that in mind, I will pay each columnist $25 per column published. Not much, I know, but it’s some extra date night cash and a reward for time spent on writing quality content. And if you’re looking to grow your own blog, you know that the larger value here is the exposure and links back to your site/projects (included with every one of your posts).
With the addition of new columnists, I will be able to expand the depth of some key topics on Engaged Marriage a bit and add a few. I’m in search of three to five columnists interested in one of these topics:
- Sex and Intimacy – real, practical ways to keep the spark alive and have better married sex
- Home Life/Family Fun and Crafts – think of these posts as small how-to projects that the Pinterest crowd will love
- Parenting – real-world parenting advice
- Money and Career – one of my passions but we need more posts with a how-to and inspiring story flair
- Romance and Date Nights – practical advice/ideas for keeping the passion burning when you feel like you have no time
- Help for Troubled Marriages – this is one area where a counselor would make a wonderful addition to our team
If you’re wondering about the style of posts that work best, check out the popular posts in the sidebar – these are the all-time most viewed posts.
Since I can obviously only hire a few writers, I’m going to have the tough job of selecting the new columnists. If you’d like to be considered, here’s what I’ll need from you:
• A guest post of around 500-1000 words (this is just a ballpark…). Please edit it as though it’s a final copy – proofread, aligned properly in HTML, grammatically-correct, and so on.
• At least one accompanying photo for the post. The photo needs to be properly credited, and legal to use.
• A 1-2 sentence bio about you that links to at least one of your sites. It can be as serious or as fun as you like.
• Let me know which column position you’re interested in.
• Let me know if you have social media following and how many followers you have – the ideal candidate will share each of their posts on social media.
Please send me your article’s text in a simple program like Text Edit or Notepad, or in Google Docs (Microsoft Word works but is not preferred). Send me your photos as an attachment. No need to host them, unless you want to.
And this isn’t a requirement, but feel free to link me to some of your previous writing, so that I can peruse it and see what you’re about.
Also, in case you’re wondering, you don’t have to be a therapist to qualify. If you have an interest, feel free to send something in. You can also comment below and I’ll respond to any questions you have.
Please send me your guest post by Sunday, May 5th by sending an email to dustin (at) engagedmarriage (dot) com with the subject line WRITING FOR EM. If I end up not selecting you for one of the column positions, I still may be up for publishing your article as a one-time guest post. Let’s see how it goes!
Questions? Just ask in the comments below (or by email if it needs to remain private)!