I have really enjoyed seeing the results of the Help Engaged Marriage Grow Up the Right Way survey come in over the past few weeks. To date, a total of 74 responses were received, and I really appreciate it! Please note that the survey closes at 100 responses, so if you would like to add your thoughts there is still time.
I love writing the posts here at Engaged Marriage, and I am proud that virtually everything you read is original content. Most posts are written by me (Dustin), while we are occasionally treated to a guest post from a like-minded person with some valuable advice to share. By the way, if you have something you would like to share, please send me a message using the Contact form at the top of the page.
Who Reads This Stuff?
As much as I enjoy writing, it can be tough at times to know my audience and feel connected to you. It turns out this is pretty important when you are creating posts about marriage, sex, romance, money, etc. Everything here at Engaged Marriage is intended to reach you on a personal level and help you achieve the extraordinary in marriage and in life. It helps to know a bit about you when trying to meet this high standard.
Want A Happier Marriage?
Great! Grab our 7 simple steps to improve communication in your marriage (in less than 15 minutes):
This is where the survey idea came into play. I thought if I could get a few of the readers to share a little about themselves and their preferences for the site, I could make Engaged Marriage a better place for all of us.
I hope that the survey served this purpose (and continues to do so with your continued input). I want to give you a brief summary of the results, so you can see who your fellow readers are and what they think. Let’s see if this matches your own thoughts and preferences.
The Survey Results in a Nutshell
- 75% of the respondents are female. Based on the proportion of comments and the feedback I’ve received via other platforms (email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), this was not a real shocker for me. I am a bit disappointed that the men in cyberspace are not investing time learning to improve their marriages to the same degree that the ladies are, and I’d love to draw more guys to balance this out. I’d love to hear your ideas on how we can get more manly-men interested in visiting the site.
- The engineer in me loves the results of the question “How long have you been married?“. As shown in the screen shot below, the graph is a pretty stellar bell curve (normal distribution) with the greatest number saying they’ve been married for 3-5 years. I always figured the target audience were those married 0-5 years, and this is generally true. I love that we have numerous single people and those married more than 21+ years actively involved here!
- What types of posts would you like to read More of? Here’s the top 5 results in order:
- Sex & Family Planning
- Finances & Careers
- What types of posts would you like to read Less of? Here’s the top 5 results in order:
- Book & Product Reviews
- Marriage Preparation
- Individual Fulfillment
- Finances & Careers
- Links to Interesting Reads
I thought it was interesting that “Links to Interesting Reads” was chosen by 25% of respondents for a topic they wanted MORE of and also 25% for something they wanted LESS of. 🙂
- Which topic for an e-book (short electronic book) would interest you the MOST? The results here were quite conclusive! By a margin of nearly 3-to-1, you chose “15 Minutes to an Extraordinary Marriage: Why You Need Time Each Day to “Just Be a Couple” & How to Find It” as your top choice. Also popular were the topics on Fitness, Natural Family Planning, Sex from the Soul, and Money & Marriage.
I would really like to start working on developing an E-book soon. If you have specific thoughts on this topic, I would love to hear from you!
- I only received a few requests for specific post topics. Also, almost all of the suggestions for improvement were to write more posts! I take this as a very nice compliment, and I am doing my best to keep the quality content coming while balancing my own marriage, family, a full-time career and a few hobbies thrown in. Rest assured that I will do my very best to keep Engaged Marriage a place you want to visit frequently!
Let’s Build a Community
Like I mentioned above, it can be tough to write meaningful posts when your only feedback comes from reading your own words back to yourself. In order to help all of us get the most out of this site, I’d really love to form a community at Engaged Marriage.
To do your part, I’d simply ask that you leave comments on the posts that you read, sign up for E-Mail updates or an RSS subscription, follow me and interact on Twitter, and become a “fan” of the Engaged Marriage page on Facebook. I really see the Facebook page as a fantastic place for us all to interact.
Right now, please leave a comment to this post to say what you agree or disagree with from the survey results. Let me know what you would like to see from Engaged Marriage in the future. And, of course, you can still take the survey yourself until it reaches 100 respondents.
Photo by Marco Bellucci