Well after missing a week due to illness (bad) and our marriage retreat weekend (very good), the weekly installment of links to great reads I’ve found on the World Wide Web is back. As usual, some relate to marriage and some don’t, but all are excellent resources that I think you will enjoy checking out. Here they are!
- Focus on Your Personal Strengths, Not Correcting All the Weaknesses. I was thrilled to see Engaged Marriage featured on the Dumb Little Man blog this week. This is a cool site covering a wide range of topics designed to help you have a better life. And this post does just that.
- Bye Bye Birth Control. When I posted about Natural Family Planning earlier this week, it quickly became the most popular post on the site so I know there is an interest in this subject. I also know that many of us are not motivated (purely) by religious convictions. When I found this post on the Always A Northerner blog, I knew I had to share her story of exploring NFP for practical reasons. And I also knew I had found a great new blog to follow!
- Green Birth Control & Natural Family Planning. Along the same lines, I was excited to find this post at Nature Mom’s Blog. It offers a meaningful discussion of the merits of NFP from the perspective of an environmentally-conscious and nature-minded Mom. The varied string of resulting comments is also worth a read.
- 8 Ways to Pursue a Lifetime of Learning. I loved this post from the Simple Mom site. I am a strong believer in being a lifetime learner, and this article gives some great advice for fitting valuable learning experiences into our busy everyday lives.
- And finally, I would like to end with a video, a music video actually. I recently discovered a great marriage blog over at The Marry Blogger and the author (Stu) had featured this video from Due West. Listen to the words, and I bet you’ll love it…check out Stu’s blog and I’m sure you’ll find lots to love there as well.