We think nothing of saying this when a restaurant host asks us how many in our party, “table for two, please.”
But what if we were to plan a romantic date with our spouse setting up our own table for two, please!
Tom and I love to do this in unexpected places:
- Dinner in our bedroom – set up a table for two, use lots of candles and soft music.
- Dinner in our backyard – set up a dining tent with market lights and a fire-pit nearby, or just use lots of candles and dine under the stars.
- Dinner in the parking lot at work – Tom met me at work one day for lunch and set up a table in the parking lot, played music from the car and it was wonderful! We turned a lot of heads that day, but they knew I was being romanced well! 🙂
- Dinner on the beach, lakefront or river.
- Dinner in a city park – set up a table complete with center piece and nice dishes.
We’ve discovered we love having dinner together in all kinds of out-of-the-ordinary places. Sure we still go out to dinner, but those dates are easily forgotten. I’ll never forget the times we’ve taken a little more effort to create a table for two that’s romantic and best of all–memorable! For more ideas, check out our Romantic Dining board on Pinterest.
How about you? Have you ever set up a table for two in an unusual place?