We think nothing of saying this when a restaurant host asks us how many in our party, “table for two, please.”
But what if we were to plan a romantic date with our spouse setting up our own table for two, please!
Instantly Improve Your Date Nights! Download This Free Game-Changing Tip.
Tom and I love to do this in unexpected places:
- Dinner in our bedroom – set up a table for two, use lots of candles and soft music.
- Dinner in our backyard – set up a dining tent with market lights and a fire-pit nearby, or just use lots of candles and dine under the stars.
- Dinner in the parking lot at work – Tom met me at work one day for lunch and set up a table in the parking lot, played music from the car and it was wonderful! We turned a lot of heads that day, but they knew I was being romanced well! 🙂
- Dinner on the beach, lakefront or river.
- Dinner in a city park – set up a table complete with center piece and nice dishes.
We’ve discovered we love having dinner together in all kinds of out-of-the-ordinary places. Sure we still go out to dinner, but those dates are easily forgotten. I’ll never forget the times we’ve taken a little more effort to create a table for two that’s romantic and best of all–memorable! For more ideas, check out our Romantic Dining board on Pinterest.
How about you? Have you ever set up a table for two in an unusual place?
Debbi, that is an absolutely fantastic idea! What a creative, and inexpensive, way of making a date memorable. My wife’s cousin told us on a hike in West Virginia of how on an anniversary her husband packed a table and dinner and placed in on a hiking trail for them to find as they hiked. Even the story is unforgettable, how much more so the experience. Thanks so much for sharing!
I can only imagine the thrill your cousin experienced when she realized the effort her husband took to surprise her in such a way. I’m so glad you shared it. Romance really comes down to knowing your spouse well enough that you know what it takes to Wow them.