We’ve all heard of and may even have a bucket list. The idea stems from the movie of the same name and provides encouragement to be intentional in making the things you hope will happen in your lifetime a reality.
It’s no surprise that we need to be intentional in romancing our spouse as well. This is by far my favorite topic when it comes to writing about marriage.
Living in Florida we look forward to Fall more than any other season of the year. I think it’s because we get so tired of the heat and humidity that we’re ready for a change.
Instantly Improve Your Date Nights! Download This Free Game-Changing Tip.
Maybe your marriage has been enduring some heat and humidity of its own. Maybe you need to look forward to some fresh Fall romance amid the cool Autumn breezes? Well, look no further…
How To Make A Fall Bucket List For Two
The checklist in the photo can be an easy way to start, but read below to find out how you can personalize your own romantic fall themed bucket list!
What you’ll need:
One sheet of card stock
Markers of different fall colors (orange, black, brown, green, red and yellow)
Fall stickers, if you like to embellish
A Computer (for reference purposes) or to create your bucket list as pictured above.
How to make it:
Start by researching the events happening in and around your area for September, October and November. Highlight any that interest you. You can do this alone as a surprise for your spouse, or you could turn the making of your list into a date night in itself. Either way, it’s sure to be a fun project.
Write the events on your sheet of card stock, using a different color for each event.
Add stickers to make your list more colorful.
Display your project in a place where you’ll both see if often.
The fun part:
Each week, or however often you decide, pick an item off of your list to do. See if you can get through the list before you celebrate Thanksgiving. You could even plan something big as a reward for finishing the list.
Need ideas? I’ve provided a list below to get your romantic ideas flowing. Of course, you’ll discover lots of great ideas on the internet that you can add to the list.
The most important part is to make the most of every season in your marriage. What a blessing to have a best friend with which to celebrate all the changing seasons of life.
As a friend often says…Let’s Get To…
- Visit an apple orchard.
- Drink hot apple cider.
- Do a corn maze challenge.
- Go for a scavenger hunt in the country looking for: an orange leaf, an acorn, a pine-cone, a red leaf, a feather, etc…
- Listen to a live concert under the stars.
- Watch a movie under the stars.
- Go to a costume party or plan your own.
- Make s’mores over an open fire.
- Enjoy a night around a fire pit outdoors.
- Go to a football game.
- Carve a pumpkin together or compete making prizes worth it for the winner.
- Go horseback-riding or go on a hayride.
- Go square dancing, or any other types of dancing you enjoy.
- Go watch people dance if you don’t enjoy doing it yourself.
- Go antique window shopping or to garage sales.
- Have breakfast at your local farmer’s market.
- Go to an art festival or craft show.
- Eat candied apples.
- Enjoy a fondue for two.
Whatever you do, make sure you plan some romance this fall. We’ve waited a while to have nice weather outdoors again–let’s make the most of it!
A Fall Bucket List may end up being an annual tradition.
Happy Fall Y’all!