Both provide very snug support for your feet and ankles.
While they may feel unusually tighter than your everyday footwear, their very support allows you to be more accomplished and comfortable at either sport.
The same goes for your Walk Away Shoes, which I wrote about previously.
74 Simple Things You Can Do to Brighten Your Spouse's Day
Join our free newsletter to get this popular checklist... plus even more tips to make your marriage thrive:
They take a little getting used to, but their support is invaluable towards being successful in achieving your goals.
Now that you’ve completed the three simple steps to create your Walk Away Shoes (if you haven’t just go here), I’m sharing ten occasions to wear this uniquely helpful footwear.
10 Occasions to wear your Walk Away Shoes
1. Yard sales. How often do you say, “It’s only a quarter, a dollar, a few bucks. What a bargain! I might need this one day!” Leave those items behind unless they meet a need you have already noted.
2. Christmas. The season is notorious for overbuying. Use your shoes—and your budget—to walk unscathed through the minefield of marketing.
3. Anniversaries. Bigger is better! If you love your spouse, you’ll buy them this very expensive gift! No, no, no. There can be much more value in providing what money can’t buy.
4. Hostessing. I understand fretting over guests and being afraid of how they’ll judge you based on your home and what you serve. I’ve been there, done that, got the sleepless nights to prove it. My guests never did that, and if they did, they were not folks I’d want to spend time with anyway. I imagine the same is true for you.
5. Vacations. Again, bigger is not necessarily better, especially if you have to go into debt to travel. Remember it’s the experiences that create the warm memories, not the pile of money you’re burning through.
6. Activities. How full is your calendar? Are you living on the road because of everything you’ve signed on to do, especially if you have children in sports? Time to cut back, or at least begin to say no. Just as your car engine will overheat and shutdown when there’s no downtime, so will you.
7. Career searches. I understand being very unhappy at work. When you go looking for something new, be sure to set your parameters in advance so you don’t end up with, for instance, a miserably long, two hour a day commute in good weather, when gas was at its most expensive ever, and you work nights and weekends when your goal was to get some sort of regular schedule in your life again. Not that I ever did that.
8. Promotions. Yes, getting a promotion can feed your soul and fill your bank account. However, the cost may be more than you realized you would have to pay. Weigh your options and your life and family goals carefully before moving up.
9. Buying a home. Oftentimes, pride wants to take the lead in choosing your home. Bad idea. Focus instead on your long term goals, needs, and wants. Be sure to keep those Walk Away Shoes handy as you include quality questions as part of your research.
10. Giving of yourself. When you become overwhelmed, discouraged, and resentful because of your giving, it’s time to take a deeper look at what’s going on. Perhaps it’s time to let go of one or more things to make room for something better.
Dr. Seuss wrote in Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
These ideas are just the tip of the iceberg.
The more you grow accustomed to this custom-made footwear, the more occasions you will find to wear them.
Remember that when you use your Walk Away Shoes, you are focusing on the continuing hits of gratitude, joy, and flat-out satisfaction from making the best decision you knew how instead of allowing emotions to rule the day.
Question: Where will you use your Walk Away Shoes this week, or where have you worn them recently? We’d love to have you share in the comments!