As I have become more immersed in the world of blogging, my eyes have been opened to the great deal of quality content out there to read. I thought it would be fun and hopefully useful if I posted a weekly “round-up” with links to some of my favorite reads from the week. These will range from serious, marriage-related articles to funny photos. Here’s the second round…enjoy!
- Lessons Learned From a Bicycle. I have been a fan of the Frugal Dad website for a long time as its writer is a fellow follower of Dave Ramsey’s financial principles. This article takes a look at how we can raise our kids to appreciate the simple things and not become too materialistic.
- 18 Best WordPress Plugins. If you are a fellow blogger, I highly recommend How to Make My Blog as an informative and entertaining source of info. In this post, the author outlines the best plugins you should use for your WordPress blog. Good stuff!
- Great Article on Child Discipline. I recently discovered the SimpleMarriage site, which has some great parallels to Engaged Marriage. This is a super article about the importance of letting kids learn from their mistakes.
Want A Happier Marriage?
Great! Grab our 7 simple steps to improve communication in your marriage (in less than 15 minutes):
- List of Best Financial Bloggers. I love reading about finances (yes I’m a nerd to the core), and Get Rich Slowly is one of the biggest and best blogs on the financial scene. This link will give you a funny rundown of all the bigboys in that arena.
- 40 Awesome Non-Fiction Books. I love to read, and I especially enjoy non-fiction books that teach me something new or open my eyes to a new way of thinking. I really loved this list from the productivity blog “Mark and Angel Hack Life.”
- Finally, I wanted to share one of my favorite photos of all-time, which I’m sure you have seen. I think this photo of a serviceman returning home after victory in WWII captures the essence of love. Can’t we all relate to this feeling even if we are away from our spouse or children for only a few days? Thanks to AmO Images for putting this one out there!