BONUS: There are a lot of awesome ideas on this list that you can try over time. Why not take them with you?
Just CLICK HEREto download your personal copy of the 74 Simple Things You Can Do to Brighten Your Spouse's Day. Enjoy!
In a recent giveaway we had for Marriage Time newsletter subscribers (sign up here for free so you don’t miss the next one), I asked this question:
What is one simple thing I can do to brighten my spouse’s day today?
I received dozens of responses back, and I was really touched and impressed by some of the ideas.
So, I filtered through all of the duplicates, and I would like to share these unedited responses for everyone to see.
Which of these simple acts can you use today to show some thoughtfulness toward your husband or wife?
- Simply tell her one thing that makes her special to me.
- Texting him at work and keeping him from getting bored in the minutiae of the day. (Check out these sexy texts for ideas)
- Declutter the bedroom.
- Compliment her via text every hour on the hour all day!
- I could surprise my husband by taking him to the Irish Festival this afternoon.
- By sending him a love letter to tell him I appreciate him & I’ll be taking the lead in the bedroom tonight – this will totally make his day…and week!
- Tell her how much I’m glad I married her (married 20 years).
- Take the kids to the park while they are on Spring Break and let her have a nap.
- Give him an encouraging note or email during the day.
- I took the kids because she was sick. That way she could rest.
- One thing I could do to brighten my spouse’s day is to buy her some flowers.
- Dinner. Then dishes. She loves that!
- A simple thing I could do (and actually just did!) to brighten his day is give him a call, unexpectedly, just to tell him I love him & wish him a great day
- One simple thing I can do? Compliment her sincerely on something specific with her appearance.
- One simple thing I could do to brighten her day is let her sleep in and get the kids ready for school.
- I could call him and tell him I love and miss him while he’s at work.
- My husband is easy. Smile at him and say, “I appreciate you, honey!” makes his day. I know I look grumpy much of the time with stress, pain and worries. I don’t smile enough. So when I do, it makes a difference!!
- A simple thing I can do to brighten my husband’s day is a phone call to simply remind him that I love and appreciate him.
- When he comes home after his long day at work, I could have dinner ready and let him know I have a REALLY special dessert ready after the kids are in bed! (Click here for some new ideas to spice up your lovemaking).
- One thing I can do to brighten my husband’s day is to watch the BYU basketball game with him! Go Cougs!
- Send him a text message telling him what I’m looking forward to about our night tonight (especially if physical!)
- A three-minute hug.
- Give her flowers for no special reason at all – apart, of course, from saying she’s the love of my life.
- I could send him a text message letting him know I’m thinking of him & offer support as he prepares for his final exam tomorrow!
- I could bring him coffee in the morning, pack his lunch and make his favorite dish for dinner.
- Empty the dishwasher before I leave for work.
- Call him and leave him a special voice mail!
- Greet him by dropping my work bag and showering him with hugs and kisses…for the rest of the evening!
- A quick 5-10 minute back rub can turn my wife around if she has had a bad day (or make her day great if she is having a good day already).
- To brighten my wife’s day, I can clean the bathroom. She hates to do it!
- Sending him a daily email while he is deployed with thoughts and moments from my day and letting him know I love him and I am proud of him.
- I will give him a massage tonight, just because, without him having to ask.
- Tell my wife how much I appreciate all she does for me, the kids and our home and that I pray for her constantly.
- I’ll be using your One Simple Thing trick on him tonight!
- Clean the toilets. Sexy, huh? Depends what I’m wearing while I do it – like a smile, for instance.
- I could draw funny faces on the eggs in the refrigerator. =)
- One simple thing I could do to brighten my husband’s day TODAY is locate a copy of Boondock Saints for us to watch!
- I can have dinner ready and a cheerful disposition when he comes home from work.
- I could get out of bed on time so we can get the kids ready more quickly and not make him late for work (being late is his pet peeve and I push the limits every day).
- To brighten my wife’s day I make her coffee in the morning.
- Practical: Put away the laundry. Fun: Make out session.
- I can tell him that I appreciate him and everything he does for us. Sometimes I get in the habit of complaining about what he’s not doing, and I forget that telling him what he is doing is 10 times more important!
- To brighten my spouse’s day I will wake up cheery, not grumpy and tell him how much I love him and how much he means to me.
- Have dinner waiting for him when he gets home.
- Drop by his office with a cupcake from the shop across the street on my lunch break. Just so he knows I’m thinking of him.
- Make Rice Krispie treats
- My husband works night shift, so I buy a Red Bull (his fave pick me up) and put it in the fridge for him when I get in.
- Do his laundry while I’m working from home today!
- I can thank him for his awesome management of our finances and his hard work to pay off our student loans so that we can start a family!
- Put a Love note (post it) on his computer screen.
- When he came out of the bedroom to head to work (we were running late coming back from crew practice) – I had his toast ready, hot water in his tea thermos, and the tea was almost completed….
- One thing I can do is let her know that I love through notes left around the house, emails, or flowers.
- Say “I love you”.
- Thank him for his support as I face challenges.
- I will look at my wife’s eyes, give her a kiss and say I LOVE YOU.
- One simple thing I sometimes do is pre-toothpaste his toothbrush. It saves him just like 4 seconds in his morning routine but when I do it I always hear him say “awww” from the bathroom. Haha. It’s silly, but it’s something.
- I had to work today at our church office, and he has been away since Monday. He’ll get home before me – so I have some delicious corned beef and cabbage cooking in the crockpot, so we he walks in the door he’ll be greeted with love cooking in the kitchen!
- I can make him a cup of coffee. I love it when he does it for me.
- Make him his favorite brown bread… and have it come out of the oven as he comes in the door.
- Be sure that your eyes light up when you see her.
- Let him sleep in!
- I could give my husband a back massage. I think I will.
- Today, I will keep my three year old awake in the afternoon, when he would normally want to nap. This means an earlier, easier bed time for him, and more time in the evening alone for my husband and I. I know he’ll really appreciate that, especially on a Friday.
- To brighten my spouse’s day, I could write him a love letter telling him why I married him, and why I love him!
- All I did was ask him if there was anything I could do for him today. I have never done this before, but I wanted to let him know that I am here for him and I want to help him if he needs something.
- I make my husband his favorite dinner and make sure to have warm water in his glass (his preference) when he gets home from work.
- Wash the dishes…Naked!!!
- Pray with him in the morning.
- Clean the house
- I do my best to write a quick love note on a sticky note and hide it somewhere that my wife will find it each day.
- Write an encouraging sticky note for him to find when he gets in his truck to go to work!
- Something unexpected that she usually does, like perhaps cleaning a bathroom?
- Drive her to the training the morning and pick her up at the end of the day. It’s always exciting to see her get off the train and come home with me.
- The one thing I can do is set his slippers out by the couch when he comes home from working all night so he doesn’t have to go into the bedroom to get them before he relaxes for a while.
How great are these ideas!?!
Keep this post handy, and you’ll always have a way to make your spouse feel special. After all, that’s the key to simple, everyday romance!
To make it super easy for you, we’d like you to take a copy with you to use anytime you want to brighten the day for your husband or wife. Just click the button below to get your free copy!