I recently had the great privilege of interviewing Dr. Gary Chapman and gaining his insight into a variety of important issues impacting dating, engaged and married couples. As expected, his wisdom was very impressive and exceptionally practical (and you know I like that!).
Most people know Dr. Chapman as the author of more than 30 books on the topics of family and marriage relationships. His best-known book, The Five Love Languages, tops my list of recommended reading for couples. If you haven’t read it, you need to.
Dr. Chapman recently published Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married as a down-to-earth advice guide for dating and engaged couples. Once again, he’s produced a book that will likely top the bestseller list and help many couples.
Here are some examples of the topics covered during our nearly 30-minute conversation:
- The vital importance of marriage preparation
- How couples should deal with major personality differences
- The pros and cons of living together before marriage
- What to do when you don’t feel “in love” anymore
- Advice for a satisfying sex life
- The Apology Love Language
- How to deal with a Love Language that changes over time or isn’t identifiable
This is one interview that you won’t want to miss! Just click the play button below and take notes…[audio:http://www.engagedmarriage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Dr-Gary-Chapman-Interview.mp3]
It would mean a lot to me if you shared a link to this post with all of your friends via email, Facebook and Twitter. I want to be sure everyone has a chance to gain from Dr. Chapman’s wisdom!