As we change the calendar and welcome 2010, I spent some time reflecting back on all of the incredibly good things that have happened through my creation of Engaged Marriage around four months ago. I have thanked you guys in the past for all of the awesome progress you’ve brought to this blog as we’ve reached some major milestones together.
Well, please accept my sincere thanks once again because you have been such a vital part of spreading the message that Extraordinary Marriages are possible, and we shouldn’t settle for “normal” when it comes to the most important relationship in our life. Many of you have become my friends, and I am confident that you’ve imparted more wisdom on me than I’ve shared in return. Thank you!
A Few of My Favorite Posts
As we start unfolding the New Year, I thought it would be fun to take a few minutes and look back through the 63 posts I have published since my initial Welcome message back on August 21st along with the nearly 620 comments you’ve shared in return. By the way, you can do the same at anytime by clicking on the “Browse Posts” tab at the top of the page, which lists every post by category and the number of comments you’ve graced it with.
Of course, the Top Ten (most viewed) posts are always highlighted under the “Greatest Hits” at the bottom of the page. While these are the most popular posts, they aren’t necessarily my personal favorites. Some of my earliest posts didn’t get any attention, but I still think they’re pretty cool.
So, here’s my list of the lesser-read but still my favorite posts from 2009 (all four months of it :)):
- Take 15 Minutes Each Day to Just be a Couple
- Attention Ladies: Your Husband Cannot Read Your Mind!
- Dave Ramsey’s Baby Steps: A Real Path to Family Financial Freedom
- How Does Natural Family Planning Benefit Marriage?
- 7 Ways Children Teach Us About God
- Go Sit in a Tree! (and Improve Your Marriage)
- Write an Awesome Romantic Love Letter: The Simple “5R” Approach
- Get Fit & Have a Healthy Marriage, Part 3-Where Do I Find the Time?
- Announcing “Improve Yourself! 2010” (OK, this isn’t really an old post but I love it…join before Jan. 5th!)
Here’s wishing everyone an incredible, marriage-building 2010!
I’d love to hear from you in the comments to this post. What was your favorite post(s) from Engaged Marriage in 2009?Photo by Optical illusion