I am very excited today to announce the beginnings of a new project that has the potential to change many lives and impact many marriages in a positive way.
There will be many more details to follow about the overall project, known as Fit Marriage, but I want to give you a sneak peek today and then announce a special opportunity that you have to be part of this mission from the start!
What’s Fit Marriage?
Fit. Together. For Life.
Fit Marriage is a new business, website, podcast, product line and brand that I’m developing alongside Tony DiLorenzo of ONE Extraordinary Marriage. While we’re both very passionate about both marriage enhancement and fitness, we each offer unique gifts that we are excited to bring together in a way that should offer a great deal of help to other busy couples and help them achieve improved physical fitness and overall wellness.
Tony is a super-fit guy and a successful extreme endurance athlete (particularly in cycling, at least lately) who has a wealth of knowledge and encouragement to share. On the other hand, my physical exploits have been much more average as I’ve struggled to find a fitness program and approach that fits my crazy life and keeps me motivated to reach my goals.
I’ve always had a passion for fitness, and I’ve spent much of my life learning about exercise and nutrition and trying out different approaches with varying degrees of success. Tony flat out knows his stuff, and he’s lived a fit lifestyle his entire adult life. As we started to combine “notes” and opinions about fitness (in the context of some marriage discussions), we realized that we had something incredibly valuable to share with the busy married couples of the world.
And so, Fit Marriage was born.
The First “FM” Program is Ready…We Think
Since FitMarriage.com won’t be live for a few more weeks, you may be wondering why we’re sharing this news today before our site is complete and prior to releasing the first episode of our podcast. The simple answer is that the power is in the program!
Tony and I have spent the past several months working hard to develop the initial, core fitness program that we want to build Fit Marriage around. Our primary goals were a program that got killer results while fitting within the demands of a super-busy marriage and family life.
Well, we’ve done it! Here are the highlights of this yet-unnamed fitness program:
- EVERY workout is 30 minutes or less!
- EVERY workout can be done at home without the need to drive to, tolerate or pay for a gym!
- It provides 12 full weeks of workouts that are broken into three distinct phases to keep things interesting and effective.
- It combines a great variety of Core, Strength, Power Yoga and Cardio workouts.
- It includes a total of TEN full workouts (25-30 mins) plus two bonus 8-minute “No Excuses” workouts.
- The workouts are video-based so they’re easy to learn and follow along.
- It provides simple nutritional guidelines that you can actually follow in your daily life.
- And perhaps most importantly, this program was designed to be fun and effective for both Men and Women, and it is an awesome way for a busy couple to workout TOGETHER!
We are both in the middle of the program now and seeing awesome results. Needless to say, we are excited. However, there’s one thing that’s been missing so far…
We Need YOUR Input!
The main purpose of today’s post is to invite YOU to try out our new fitness program…for free!
While we think this program is great, the real test comes when other real-life, busy married folks use it and enjoy improved physical fitness, mental wellness and happy marriages. And we hope you’ll join us to be one of the first to experience it for yourself.
How You’ll Benefit by Joining the Test Group
- First chance to try out the new program and become part of the FM community
- FREE access to the full program in its draft form (that’s 12 weeks of great workouts)
- FREE copy of the final product (likely a premium multi-DVD system) – ONLY if you complete the full program!
- Exclusive opportunity to interact with Tony and I directly as you move through the program
- Frequent interaction with us to keep you motivated and moving forward
- Satisfaction of knowing you helped develop a system that’s sure to have a positive impact on the lives and marriages of many
How We Benefit by Hosting You
- Receive honest feedback from good people to help improve the program before it gets finalized
- Get the chance to interact with others while they experience the program
- Gain success stories to use in conjunction with launching the final version of the product later this year
- Help others get fit and have better marriages, which is what it’s all about!
Ready to Join Us? Here are the Details
If you are ready to make a positive change in your personal fitness, and possibly grow closer to your spouse in the process, we encourage you to apply to become part of our Test Group!
Please note that we are going to be selective about who we invite to participate. In other words, we invite you to apply below, but please understand that not everyone will make it into the group.
We want to have the time and energy to really interact with each member of our Test Group team on a regular basis. And we only want people who will remain committed to the program, finish and share their honest feedback and results.
Requirements to Be Considered for the Test Group
- You agree to participate at your own risk. You should always check with your doctor before starting any exercise program, and we take no responsibility or liability for your health.
- Be ready to start on 8/16 and workout according to the plan for 12 weeks (please, quitters need not apply)
- Be able and willing to exercise five days per week for 30 minutes or less each day
- Preferably, currently be a beginner or intermediate fitness level
- Bring a positive attitude and an awesome work ethic
- Offer open and honest feedback throughout the program
- Interact via email with Tony and I to share your progress and questions
- Take a Fitness Test before, during and after the program to document your improved fitness
- Take photographs of yourself in a bathing suit before, during and after the program to document your improved appearance
- Be willing to share your testimonials, Fitness Test data and photographs on Fit Marriage and as part of promotional materials for the final product
- If you enjoy the program, tell your friends and family!
If you are up to the challenge, just click the link below and fill out the requested information. Please note that the information you share here is confidential and will only be visible to Tony and I. Please be honest with your answers. 🙂
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TO BE PART OF THE TEST GROUP!
QUICK UPDATE: Wow, the response to our Test Group offer has been outstanding, and we are going to have some tough decisions to make when choosing who will take part. Go ahead and sign up using the link above to make our choices even tougher.
Also, if you have any interest in Fit Marriage, I’d highly encourage you to enter your email address below so we can keep you up-to-date on this awesome new project. Thanks everyone! 🙂
Please note that we still stop accepting applications at 11:59 pm CST on Monday, August 9th. We will select and notify the successful Test Group members on August 11th. All materials will be provided so you can do your initial Fitness Test and get started on August 16th!
Also, please take a moment to share a link to this post with all of your friends and social networks (Twitter Re-Tweet and Facebook Share buttons are provided below). This is a chance for you to possibly help them improve their own fitness and married life!
Want to Know More About Fit Marriage?
Whether you want to join the Test Group or not, we’re anxious to have you join us as part of the Fit Marriage community. Please enter your email address below, and you’ll be among the first to know when Fit Marriage launches and when other awesome opportunities come up to join us in improving your fitness and your marriage!
If you can’t see the form on your RSS reader or email, please click here and visit the original post.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support! If you have questions or suggestions for the Fit Marriage team, please share them in the comments below.
P.S. – Don’t forget to enter your email address above, apply to be part of the Test Group and share this opportunity with your friends! We’re excited to have your support!